Established in 2020, Postcard Cafe is a locally owned cafe serving the best coffee & food in the Byron Bay Industrial Estate. Located a short walk from our HQ, our neighbours at Postcard Cafe were kind enough to give us the keys to their signature Mushroom Melt. Check out the below recipe where you’ll learn to smoke your own mushies at home for a flavour packed sanga that will cure any hangover.
- Ciabatta bread roll
- Swiss Cheese
- Smoked Button Mushrooms (Learn to smoke yours on a stovetop in below)
- Baby Spinach
- Cashew cheese
- Hot Sauce
- Slice bread in half and layer cheese on one side.
2. Add cheese, place both halves under grill facing upwards.
3. Spread cashew cheese (we use Nutty Bay’s Classic Cashew Cheese) over non cheesed side.
4. Add smoked mushrooms over cashew cheese.
5. Add Baby spinach and dab with your favourite hot sauce (Ours is the Lecto Fermented Habanero, Bush Citrus + Ginger by Crack Fox Hot Sauce).
6. Top with Cheese sided ciabatta bread and slice in half.
7. Skewer a pickle through to hold her all together.
Tips: How to smoke mushrooms at home without a smoker: https://www.feastingathome.com/smoked-mushrooms-on-your-stovetop/
18 Acacia St, Byron Bay